Oops– we did not update the blog last week (and by we, I mean me–Mary) Week 14 was a little busy for me at work because the people who accredit the hospital that I work for were surveying us. They come once every 3 years and it can be a pretty stressful time for everyone involved. They have since left and the hospital as a whole did fantastic! Yay!
Machelle has been doing well. There was one night that she didn’t feel all that good and has been waking up quite a bit in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but overall she is feeling pretty good. She is eating tons of fruit..it doesn’t matter what kind, just anything that she can get her hands on. I asked her to please mention this to the midwives when we go tomorrow to make sure that this is ok– I am sure that it is fine, but I just want to make sure that the sugar in the fruit is not going to be a problem–who knows.
I just got back in town from going to Greensboro for a friend’s bridal shower. It was a great weekend! I am very lucky to have a group of friends that I have had since high school that can make me laugh like very few people can. They are extremely important to me and they are a great support system! I love them all with all of my heart!
So as I said, we have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with the midwives. Having the option to go to the midwives is something that I am very thankful for. Although we are very happy that the OB/GYN helped us to get pregnant, the midwives are fantastic! You don’t feel near as rushed and it feels much more relaxed and calm than the doctor’s office. Tomorrow should be a routine appointment. We will probably listen to the heartbeat and they will make sure that Machelle is doing well. The next appointment will be the anatomy scan and when they check to make sure the brain and heart is developing like it should be–my Mom is supposed to come to that one!
We watched a documentary this afternoon called 40 weeks. It was, obviously, about women and their spouses during pregnancy up until childbirth. It was interesting and there were tears shed–although, lately, tears seem to flow pretty freely in this house.
Questions for Machelle- Week 14 and 15
1. Are you more tired than normal? Not anything out of the ordinary!
2. Any weird dreams? Yes. On Friday night I dreamt that I had a boy and last night I dreamt I had a girl–which is a little better than dreaming I had kittens right?
3. Can you feel the baby move? I am not sure if what I feel is movement, but I have felt taping on my right ovary sometimes. It comes and goes.
4. What are you most excited about? The midwife appointment tomorrow, just so that I know everything is ok and I would like for the movements to get stronger.
5. What are you most nervous about? I don’t know–come back to me on this one?
6. What is one thing you would like to accomplish this week in order to get ready for Doodle? Get the office (which will become the nursery) cleaned out. Seriously–no more procrastinating on this one!
7. What is one thing that has happened that you didn’t expect? To be craving alcohol. I feel like it makes me sound like a terrible person, but I would love a cosmo right now.
8. Are you seeing any changes in your body (that you feel comfortable discussing–of course)? Not so much this week–stay tuned
9. What is one thing that Mary can do for you to make your life a little less stressful? Nothing
10. What have you craved this week or what weird food combo has taken place this week? Fruit, shrimp, and pizza.
Pictures will be coming soon! We are a little behind in uploading them–although we are still taking them! We sincerely hope that everyone has a fantastic week!
Mary and Machelle